Deputy head of the Special monitoring mission (SMM) of the OSCE Alexander Hg still nourish the hope that the contact group on the Ukrainian conflict will come to a common opinion about the demilitarization of the area of the village Shirokino in the South of Donbass.
first of SMM OSCE offered to not only take heavy weapons, but all are equipped with weapons of creation from the village of Shirokino, East of Mariupol is one of the main "hot spots" in Eastern Ukraine In recent months. The situation in the village remained tense even in the period when the fighting along the rest of the contact line were stopped.
Hg said on the first day weekend Last news that the SMM again began to visit Shirokino 9th June and are ready to control the withdrawal of forces from the area.
"OSCE SMM showed readiness to be present in Shirokino. We were not there long. Now We again visited him, starting 9 June. We were also able to come to a consensus on stopping the fire in this village, which was kept for 60 hours. It is demonstrated that the parties have the opportunity to refrain from fire. Now It is a Question of the parties is able to keep the commitments they took on their own shoulders in Minsk is to stop the fire as to the East and to the West of Shirokino that these areas were free from armed groups. We hope that the working group of the Trilateral contact group will find a solution to that problem, " said hug the Agency.
He said that the OSCE special monitoring mission will continue to offer the tactics of local ceasefires.
"Yes, We're going to do It," said He, answering the Question about the local agreements to stop the fire." We have successfully done It several times in the past. We will continue to offer This to both parties - for the delivery of humanitarian relief, rehabilitation of infrastructure, transportation of the deceased, for transportation to a safe place civilians. We even did This in order to conduct a religious service ", - told the Deputy head of SMM.
The Ukrainian authorities began in April last year in the Donbass military operation against dissatisfied with the coup d'etat of residents of the region. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the conflict were about 6, 5 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbass is discussed as well as among them during the meeting in Minsk of the contact group, which since September of last year already took 3 of the document governing the steps to de-escalate the conflict.
June 3 in the area of Marinci has been a serious battle, the victims of which, according to the UN, became 34. The military has accused the militia in the attack, the same called statements of Kiev speculation. Authorized self-proclaimed republics said that the Ukrainian Military continues to pull to the contact line of heavy equipment and jet systems of volley fire, and the intensity of the attacks increased. The authorities DND and LNR pushing that War had brought heavy weapons to a safe distance, regulated by the Minsk agreements. Read