NATO from the very beginning of the conflict in Ukraine is not intended to apply "military option" for his decision, said Deputy defense Minister on European integration, former head of mission of Ukraine to NATO Igor Dolgov.
"It was determined from the beginning that the crisis and the aggression against Ukraine from the position of official Kiev and NATO should be solved by political means. The military option for NATO and expectations of Ukraine concerning such options were removed from the very beginning, "Dolgov said Wednesday at the meeting of the discussion club" Ukraine - NATO: diagnostics partnership.
He said that since the beginning of the conflict in Ukraine's defense sector of the country was not prepared for the threats and for this reason, according to Dolgov, the Ukrainian equipped with weapons forces must be reformed to NATO standards.
The Ukrainian authorities began in April last year in the Donbass military operation against dissatisfied with the coup d'etat of residents of the region. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 6, 4 thousand people.
June 3 in the area of Marinci has been a serious battle, the victims of which, according to the UN, became 34. The military has accused the militia in the attack, the same called statements of Kiev speculation. Authorized self-proclaimed republics said that the Ukrainian Military continues to pull to the contact line of heavy equipment and jet systems of volley fire, and the intensity of the attacks increased. The authorities DND and LNR pushing that War had brought heavy weapons to a safe distance, regulated by the Minsk agreements. Read