The first stage of negotiations on settling the situation in Eastern Ukraine, which started on Tuesday in the Belarusian capital, was the meeting of Directors working groups, said the press service of the foreign Ministry of Belarus.
After the meeting of Directors working groups Meetings were initiated by the groups themselves." in Minsk in closed to the press were initiated working groups for settlement in the East of Ukraine ", - is informed in the report of the foreign Ministry of Belarus, announced on Twitter.
it is expected that the meeting will take part the acting head of the OSCE Ivica Dacic, reports RIA " Novosti ". Meetings are held in " head hotel in the centre of Minsk. Remember, the previous meeting of the trilateral contact group and its subgroups was held in Minsk in early July. The participants were unable to reach concrete agreements, among them the withdrawal of weapons with a calibre of 100 millimetres and demilitarization of Shirokino. The head of the OSCE Ivica Dacic said that this time has arrived in Minsk to " push the political process ", and hopes to contribute to the achievement of " at least a little arrangements." Since mid-April last year, the Kyiv authorities are in the East of Ukraine "special operation" to suppress the protest movement in the Donbass. Refers to a large number of dead and wounded among the civilian population and the destruction of houses and infrastructure. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 6, 4 thousand People. With fifteen February, the parties to the conflict in the Donbass declared a truce in Minsk After almost 16 hours of negotiations. However, despite the control system of the ceasefire, for the last time period shelling in Eastern Ukraine again became frequent.