Zam. the chief of staff of the militia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk national Republic Eduard Bacurin stated hope that the OSCE observation mission will be able to continue working in the Donbas after the arson of cars observers.
in the night of Sunday near of Donetsk, where the OSCE observers, burned several armored vehicles of the mission. DNR authorities did not rule out the version of the burning cars saboteurs to provocations. Secretary of Council of national security And defense of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov has been charged with arson of cars militias.
Basurin again called the arson a " planned action ", the purpose of which was to ensure that the OSCE mission was not able to fulfil its responsibility to monitor compliance with the truce." According to my information, the OSCE mission today went, she was in Starobeshevo, they saw the smoke, they heard the explosions. I think, in their own report they will celebrate. Also today, the mission travelled to places where designated equipment. And we have not received any comments from them, " he told reporters.
"We hope that this monitoring mission will continue to perform their duties And no one will be able to stop them to do this work," - said Basurin.
first Deputy head of the special monitoring mission Alexander hug said Last news that the OSCE has no plans to withdraw observer mission from Donetsk after the incident with the burned cars, SMM re-check security measures. For its part, the Plenipotentiary representative of the DND in the contact group in Minsk Denis Pushilin have said before, that the self-proclaimed Authorities of the Republic of tightened security commissioners the mission And will do my very best to keep the incident from happening again.
The Ukrainian authorities began in April last year in the Donbass military operation against dissatisfied with the coup d'etat of residents of the region. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the incident were more than 6, 8 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbass is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk contact group, which since September of last year already took 3 of the document governing the steps to de-escalate the incident.