Working group on the security of the contact group on Ukraine continues its work in Minsk, said Last news Commissioner of the foreign Ministry of Belarus.
the meeting of the contact group on Ukraine and the three subgroups ended about 4 hours ago. Subgroup on safety declared a break, and then resumed.
"dialogues of the working group on security in Minsk continue," said Commissioner of the foreign Ministry.
The main question of this working group is to agree the document about the diversion of weapons with a calibre of 100 millimetres and tanks. Work on this document started in the previous subgroup meeting on 3 August.
on Wednesday in Minsk concluded the work of 3 sub-working groups of the contact group on Ukraine in the fourth subgroup - security - adjourned. In the past several rounds of negotiations of the contact group and its subgroups, the key issues were the withdrawal of weapons with a calibre of not more than 100 millimeters, the issues of constitutional reform, the special status of Donbass and local elections, as well as the exchange of prisoners and the rehabilitation of infrastructure.
The Ukrainian authorities in April last year began military action against the self-proclaimed LNR and DND. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 6, 8 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbass is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk contact group, which since September of last year already took 3 of the document governing the steps to de-escalate the conflict.