The court of Donetsk of the Rostov region on Tuesday will start to consider one of the most high-profile cases recently concerning the citizen of Ukraine Hopes Savchenko, accused of belonging to the deprivation of life of the Russian correspondents in the Donbass.
Tuesday held hearings on the merits, which will be held in the open mode. During the meeting, the Prosecutor will announce the bill of indictment in the case, after which the citizen of Ukraine declares that recognizes whether she is guilty of the charges against her criminal acts.
Savchenko, in the case of its recognition guilty, faces 25 years imprisonment, but her Defense considers it possible that more will follow fresh prosecutions.
according to the forecast of the lawyer Nikolay Polozov, the process of " moving ", and before the end of October, the court will make a verdict.
The case Savchenko considers three professional judges. From the outset, the defendant relied on the jury, however, under Russian law, women do not have the opportunity to choose this form of legal proceedings, because they are not appointed punishment in the form of lifelong imprisonment. Protection Savchenko will challenge gender inequality To a jury trial in the constitutional court of the Russian Federation.
During the hearing on the merits, the court should examine the 39 volumes of the criminal case, to interrogate the victims, relatives of the victims, reporters, witnesses and experts. According Polozova, the prosecution said about 60 witnesses, including the leader LNR Igor Carpentry. In addition, the case contains the testimony of three secret witnesses.
The official representative of the RF IC Vladimir Markin had previously reported that in the case Savchenko were unique, technically complex and time-consuming situational expertise, as well as among them using pictures from space.
review of investigators, Savchenko, being an officer of the military might of Ukraine, June 17, 2014 near the village Metalist Luhansk region led covert surveillance and correction of artillery fire on the area of the roadblock militias self-proclaimed LNR, where, and among them were the Russian correspondents VGTRK. In the end, the death of two Russian citizens were killed.
in addition, according to the investigation, not later than 23 June 2014 Savchenko illegally crossed the border of Ukraine and Russia in the area of the checkpoint " Donetsk-North ", after which it was mated.
Itself Savchenko all charges fundamentally rejects and informs that she was kidnapped in Ukraine and forcibly deported to the Russian Federation. In her defense, many times expressed by the Majority of Ukrainian politicians, and among them the head Petro Poroshenko.
Ukraine is also the case Savchenko, but With opposite qualifications - local police are looking for people pertaining, according to their vision, to the kidnapping of a soldier.
recently the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Viktor Shokin announced that the identity of these persons is set is as citizens of Russia and Ukrainians.
"The decision to report a suspicion to all persons - citizens of Ukraine and the Russian Federation - in the crimes about Nadiya Savchenko. These suspicions on today already have, " said Shokin on some of the briefings.
Savchenko during his stay in a Russian jail has become a true celebrity in Ukraine, to be elected people's Deputy of the Verkhovna Rada and PACE delegate. Free it many times demanded the head Petro Poroshenko and several politicians.
for the Savchenko case closely watched in the European Union. According to a written statement the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Ukraine, the EU will be spent on the process of its observers.
according Markina, currently in production RCDS are 54 criminal cases related To events in Ukraine. Many of them relate specifically to the shelling of residential areas of Donbass, in the end, which periodically killing the locals." By the way, and we gave a legal assessment of the facts of shelling of Russian territory by the Ukrainian armed formations ", - said Markin.
since the Ukrainian authorities military operations in the South-East of the country lost his life four Russian journalist: correspondent of the Agency "Russia today" Andrei Stenin, Workers VGTRK Igor Korneluk and Anton Voloshin, the operator First channel Anatoly Klyan.
"In all these criminal cases are more than 30 defendants, and this list is not yet final," said Markin.
He noticed that among the participants of the crimes featured a number of high position bureaucrats and other significant persons: the Minister of internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov, the former head of the defense Ministry Valery geletey, the chief of the General staff military power of Viktor muzhenko, commander of the 25th brigade military power Oleh Mikas, the leader of the party "Freedom" Oleg Tyagnibok, the leader of "Right sector" Dmitry Yarosh and his team, members of the UNA-UNSO and others.