The international Committee of the red cross confirmed on Wednesday that it has resumed its work in Donetsk.
The ICRC's activities in Eastern Ukraine was temporarily suspended due to the decision of questions for obtaining accreditation. The organization did not deliver humanitarian aid to the site of the self-proclaimed DND since mid-July. On Tuesday, the Commissioner of Kiev in the sub-group on humanitarian challenges Irina Gerashchenko said that the Red Cross resumed work in the Donbas and delivered humanitarian aid to the villages close to the contact line. This data was confirmed by the OSCE.
"We started after the break in Donetsk. We went through the process of applying for a DNR. Yesterday (Tuesday) 16 trucks with humanitarian aid were brought to Donetsk ", - said Last news the press-Secretary of the ICRC in Ukraine Ashot Astracan.
He added that on Tuesday, the humanitarian aid has been delivered to the villagers Staromikhaylovk and Aleksandrovka.
The Ukrainian authorities in April last year began military action against the self-proclaimed LNR and DND. According to the summary data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began about 7, 9 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbass is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk contact group, which since September of last year already took 3 of the document governing the steps to de-escalate the conflict.