The President of Russia Vladimir Putin spoke on the anniversary of the 70th session of the UN General Assembly in new York, where he performed on the most topical issues of interest to Russia and the world community.
1. The Russian President said NATO expansion to the East, And emphasized the fact that Western States have put the States of the former USSR before choosing who to be, depriving the former Soviet republics of the right to self-determination. An example of such activities NATO Vladimir Putin brought Ukraine, where, in the opinion of the President of the Russian Federation, it is necessary to provide the integrity of the country.
"Threats, by force of arms the integrity of Ukraine does Not provide. And This need to create. Need real consideration of the interests and rights of people in the Donbas, respect for their choice, the agreement, as provided Minsk agreements, the key elements of the political apparatus of the country, " Putin said, speaking at the UN General Assembly.
2. Vladimir Putin in his speech also said the need to join efforts to fight against the terrorist group " Islamic state ", which shocked the civilized world with their cruelty.
"We propose to be guided Not by ambition But by common values and common interests. On the basis of international law to join forces to address those new questions and to make a truly broad international coalition against terrorism ", - said the head of the Russian Federation.
3. Another important theme in the speech of the President of the Russian Federation was the need Not to violate WTO principles, in order to avoid unbalance of world trade.
"Today almost became a norm of unilateral penalties in circumvention of the UN Charter. Not only are they pursue political aims, But also serve as a method of eliminating competitors in the market. I note Another symptom of the growing economic egoism. Some countries went the way of closed, exclusive economic associations, in addition, the dialogue about their creation go behind the scenes, in secret and from its own Residents from private business and the public, But also from other countries, " Putin said during a speech at the UN General Assembly.
4. The Executive has also made the focus of the world community that any attempts to "flirt" with terrorists are extremely dangerous. The Russian President said that banned terrorist group "Islamic state" arose " Not out of the blue ".
"We believe any attempts to flirt with terrorists, And even more to equip them, Not only short-sighted, And pozharoopasny. In the end, the global terrorist Danger may critically increase to cover fresh regions, especially in the camps of "Islamic countries" run by the militants in many countries, among them European, " - said the head of the Russian Federation.
5. Did not pass the head of the Russian side and the issue of cooperation with the UN and other countries.
"of course, the world is changing, and the UN must conform to this natural transformation. Russia on the basis of a broad consensus for further development of the UN with all partners. But we Believe the attempts to undermine the authority and legitimacy of the UN is extremely dangerous. This increases the likelihood of bringing to the collapse of the entire architecture of international relations ", - said Vladimir Putin at a meeting of the UN General Assembly.