Accused of belonging to the death of Russian correspondents in the Donbass Ukrainian Nadezhda Savchenko is safe, despite the proximity of the border with Ukraine, said 1st Deputy head of the Federal penitentiary service Anatoly Rudyi.
"without a doubt, her safety ensured. Not less, resources of the authority are sufficient to ensure the safety of resonant convicted in any region of the country, "said RIA" Novosti " Rudy.
He Also said that from the Russian capital to the place of judgment Savchenko transported under guard by train." The only thing that kept It separate from other prisoners. But in General everything was fine: carried by train as the others, " drew the attention of Rudy. The trial Savchenko is currently held in the Donetsk town court of the Rostov region. She appealed to the Prosecutor General of Russia with the petition to transfer the case from Donetsk, Rostov region. In her vision, the Russian authorities not able to provide her safety and the safety of other participants of process in a place like Donetsk, which, in its expressions, is a " turntable base Pro-Russian terrorists ". On August 21, the Rostov regional court the petition Savchenko did not support and left the case in Donetsk. The verdict of the court the defence and the prosecution to appeal. Last week Nadezhda Savchenko During her interrogation in the court rejected the arguments of the investigation about the fact that She entered the Russian Federation under the guise of a refugee, and told his version of what happened. According to the defendant, representatives of Russia gave the militia, who took her prisoner before eventually organized their ambush. During questioning in court She admitted that he gave orders to the gunners where to shoot, but doesn't think it's the adjustment of fire. She also admitted that he killed people who threatened her and her homeland During the hostilities. Last week, one way or another, Savchenko has denied the charges of belonging to the death of the Russian correspondents, and civilians in the Donbass. Fifteen September, the court extended for six months the detention Savchenko. At the same time the official authorized IC of Russia Vladimir Markin said on irrefutable evidence of guilt Savchenko, And Also denied her kidnapping by the Russian special services. Savchenko was transferred from Moscow remand prison in Rostov region in mid-July. Then the court had to begin the preliminary hearing, but this was prevented by treatment of the defendant. Savchenko was arrested in Russia, in early July of last year. According to the Russian investigators, Savchenko was a spotter fire under fire in Ukraine correspondents VGTRK Anton Voloshin and Igor Kornelyuk, who Then died. She faces up to 25 years of imprisonment.