The ceasefire in East Ukraine mostly observed, said Wednesday the head of the Special monitoring mission (SMM) of the OSCE in Ukraine Ertugrul Apakan.
"The cease-fire mostly holds Since the beginning of September. The level of fighting has decreased significantly Since mid-August, " said Apakan at a press conference after its regular report to the Permanent Council of the OSCE.
Apakan said the shooting that took place in recent days in the Donetsk airport, reported the SMM, however, noticed that the truce remains " the main trend ".
according to him the main task today is to make the ceasefire sustainable.
first Deputy commander of the militia headquarters of the self-proclaimed Donetsk national Republic Eduard Bacurin told reporters that one of the DPR self-defence fighter died and two were injured health during the shelling from the Ukrainian security forces mines of calibre of 82 mm in the region of Donetsk airport.
The Ukrainian authorities in April of last year began military action against the self-proclaimed LNR and DND. According to the final data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 8 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbas region is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk the contact group, which Since September of last year had already taken 3 of the document, regulating the steps to de-escalate the conflict.
From 1 September in the Donbass entered into force another truce, both parties and observers state that it is observed. At the end of September was signed the agreement about the withdrawal of weapons with a caliber of not more than 100 millimeters and tanks from the frontline. This process takes place in 2 stages (first, Lugansk, then Donetsk region).