The head of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko on Wednesday at a meeting of the Council of national security and defense Council (NSDC) said that Despite the ceasefire, the situation in Eastern Ukraine is steadily worsening.
"Despite the ceasefire, the situation in Eastern Ukraine is steadily worsening ", – said Poroshenko, opening the meeting of the Council, notified on the Internet office of the President of Ukraine." And yesterday night there was fighting, where units military power of Ukraine showed a good military training, immediate and effective response to attacks and sabotage-reconnaissance groups of terrorists", - has said. According to Poroshenko, " these attempts to undermine Minsk consensus indicates that the risks and dangers to state security, sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence of Ukraine remain extremely high."
chief among the top priorities named raising salaries of soldiers in the 1-St of all, those who go on contract service, carrying out intensive military training, the implementation of the state defense order, increase the activity of intelligence agencies, strengthening counter-intelligence protection, fight crime and sabotage activities, development and ensuring the protection of the state border of Ukraine, as well as upgrading Maritime security. Poroshenko said that the planned defense spending consistent in relation to the optimistic forecast of the situation in the East of the country. According to him, if the truce will last and active hostilities will not, Kyiv would be able " to finish the restoration of the fighting capacity of the army, which was destroyed in previous years "." But in the case of significant aggravation, we must be prepared for the fact that these costs will have to increase ", - has noticed it. Thursday DPR reported that controlled by the Kyiv military opened fire from mortars at an electrical substation in the village Staromikhaylovk. The intelligence DND, continues to commit fresh positions of heavy weapons Ukrainian security forces near the contact line in the Donbass. From 1 September in the Donbass entered into force another truce, both parties and observers state that it is observed. At the end of September there was signed the agreement about the withdrawal in the Donbass weapons of a caliber of less than 100 millimeters and tanks from the frontline. This process occurs in stages. Order challenge: at 1st turn, – the part of the line of contact in the LNR, including Lugansk (sector "North" ), then – the remaining part of the front, including DNR (sector South ). Since mid-April last year, the Kiev authorities carried out in the East of Ukraine "special operation" to suppress the protest movement in the Donbass. Refers to a large number of dead and wounded among the civilian population and the destruction of houses and infrastructure. According to the UN at the end of August, victims of the conflict in the East of Ukraine more than 8 thousand People, at least 17, 6 thousand has Been damaged health, 1, 5 million people became internally displaced.