Three American missiles was recorded on radar in Yemen on Thursday morning, after a week ago the USS was released 3 missiles in the Red sea, is spoken in the message of the Pentagon. The strikes were carried out in "self-defence", said the Pentagon.
The missiles were aimed at the Mason ship off the coast of Yemen on Sunday but missed the target and fell into the water. Two missiles were launched at intervals of 60 minutes on Sunday, when the warship was in international waters. Missile destroyer launched, defensive measures and was not damaged, the captain said.
The ship was attacked again on Wednesday while conducting routine operations in international waters off the red sea coast of Yemen, according to the Pentagon. The missiles were fired from the territory of the Houthis controlled the Yemeni militant group, according to Davis. In Houthi group took control of most part of Yemen, including the capital. The rebels deny that their efforts are directed at the USS in both incidents.
"The ship used a protective countermeasures, and the missile has not reached Mason," said the press Secretary of the Pentagon's Peter cook about the incident Wednesday. "There was no damage to the ship or its crew. Mason will continue their activities."
Nitze destroyer launched Tomahawk cruise missiles to the coastal radars. Initial assessments indicate that all three targets were destroyed, the official said.
The US was the center of attention in Yemen in recent days. Washington's support for the Saudis under the leadership of the coalition, who are fighting with the Houthi rebels, to prevent them from coming to power in the country. Last week the US announced that is reviewing its support after was made an airstrike on a funeral home in Sanaa, which killed 155 people.
The coalition which includes several Arab countries, launched a military campaign in Yemen last year after the Houthis drove U.S.-backed government. The crisis quickly escalated into a war which has allowed al-Qaeda and ISIS to thrive amidst the chaos.
The conflict has killed about 10 thousand of Yemenis and left millions in need of assistance, according to the United Nations. As peace talks in Kuwait failed in August, the coalition has stepped up airstrikes, despite criticism from human rights groups.
sections: Politics, World News, Accidents