A Federal judge has blocked a new ban President Donald trump on the limitation of immigration
on Wednesday afternoon, a few hours before the ban comes into force.
In the resolution on page 43 judge of the district court of the United States derrick Watson has made it clear that the new Executive order has not passed the legal test at this stage and the government has established a "high probability of success" in their claims of religious discrimination.
Trump has denounced the decision during a rally Wednesday night in Nashville by presenting his statement as "bad, sad news." "The order, which he blocked, was a diluted version of the first," said trump, when the crowd booed the news. "This, considered by many to be unprecedented judicial control," he added, before promised to refer the matter to the Supreme court if necessary.
The practical effect of a decision that applies throughout the country, is that travelers from six countries with a Muslim majority and refugees will be able to travel in the United States. Unlike previous Executive orders, new withdrew Iraq from the list of prohibited countries, freed of persons having green card and visa, and eliminated the provision which, apparently, is a priority for certain religious minorities.
A new ban was announced earlier this month and was supposed to go into effect on Thursday. It would prohibit persons from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen to enter the United States for 90 days and all refugees in 120 days.
The idea that it is possible to show hostility to any group of people, only aiming at everything at once, fundamentally flawed, " wrote Watson.
"Equally erroneous is the notion that it is impossible to believe that the Executive decree aimed at Islam as it applies to all persons in the six countries referred to," added Watson. "Undoubtedly, using a primary source, which is backed by the government, these six countries the vast majority have a Muslim population, which ranges from 90.7 per cent to 99.8 per cent."
"So do not be paradigmatic jump to the conclusion that the focus on these countries is also aimed at Islam," added Watson. "Of course, it would be inappropriate to conclude, as does the government, that is not so."
The Ministry of justice said it will defend the new travel ban. "The Department of justice strongly disagrees with the decision of the Federal district court, which is flawed in reasoning and in scope. Executive decree of the President falls completely under his legal authority to protect the security of our state, and the Department will continue to protect this Executive order in the courts, " - reads the statement of the DOJ on Wednesday evening.
sections: Politics, World News, Accidents