Police said that the attack on the hotel is the lone gunman who killed 37 people in Manila last week. He had debts and a gambling addiction.
42-year-old man from the Philippines Jesse Carlos Javier was identified as the suspect in the attack last week in the capital of the Philippines, said Oscar Albayalde, the chief of police of Manila. Carlos divorced his wife and was dismissed. Recently he was banned in all casinos at the request of his wife, according to the chief of the southern police district Thomas Apolinario Junior.
Police believe that Carlos, who committed suicide acted alone. ISIL has claimed responsibility for the attack on Friday, but officials have repeatedly denied that this is associated with terror.
At the beginning of Friday a gunman entered the luxury hotel and Resorts World Manila casino complex near the International airport and opened fire with assault rifles and set fire to the tables. It is believed that most of the victims died due to suffocation from smoke. Police said that during the attack, the gunman involved in a shootout with casino employees.
Carlos was wounded by the guards, and retreated to the hotel room where he doused the bed with gasoline and shot himself, police said. According to police, he was found dead about 7 a.m. local time. He was found in the room, his body burned beyond recognition.
sections: Politics, World News, Accidents, Accidents