The situation in the Donbas during the current week remains fairly quiet, However, confidence in the achievement of a full ceasefire until now, no, said on Thursday Deputy head of the special monitoring mission (SMM) of the OSCE Alexander Hg.
"this week the mission noted that the situation in the Donbass remains fairly quiet - in comparison with last. For example, on 26 July, it was documented Only a few cases of shelling in Donetsk. Last week, we documented that cases of violation of the ceasefire in Luhansk has become smaller, " said hug at the press conference.
However, according to his statement, the figures give no reason to wait for the cessation of attacks." over the past few months, we've seen periodic recessions and spikes of violence in the Donbass. Just yesterday, for example, we recorded 120 explosions around Donetsk airport, " said Commissioner of the OSCE SMM.
He noticed that the shelling and clashes still occur, despite the fact that all parties to the conflict agreed to cease fire and withdraw heavy weapons from the contact line.
"They (the parties to the conflict - ed.) did not adhere to those promises. SMM would be glad to inform about the withdrawal of weapons, but unfortunately, as long as it happens - not completely or, at best, a single action " - ended the hug.
The military operation against dissatisfied with the coup d'etat of residents of Donbas lasts more than a year. At the talks on February 12 were achieved consensus on stopping the fire, the withdrawal of heavy weapons, introduction to the Constitution of Ukraine changes on decentralization of power and the consolidation of special status of separate districts of Donetsk and Lugansk regions ".