When leaving Debaltsevo in the Donbass lost his life 25 Ukrainian soldiers, in General, for the period of operations in this city in February, lost his life 56 the military, said the chief of the General staff of Ukraine Viktor Muzhenko.
"specifically, When the output cost the lives of 25 soldiers. For the entire period of operation From 1 to 18 February, lost the lives of 56 people from the military power of Ukraine. The losses in the volunteer battalions have to ask the interior Ministry ", – muzhenko said in the interview to Ukrainian magazine " New time ".
According to his statement, in Debaltsevo military during the conflict period in six months lost about 30-40 units of military equipment, RIA " Novosti ". Muzhenko also said that data On the export from debaltseve dozen cars URAL and KAMAZ With bodies of security forces is not true. The battle for debaltseve, which is also called deballasted boiler, happened in February 2015. According to the latest official figures announced by the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko, in the battle for debaltseve 66 soldiers were killed, more than 300 have received damage of health. All, according to the militia, Ukrainian losses in the battle amounted to about 3–3, 5 thousand People killed. February 18, Debaltsevo is entirely under the supervision of the offices of the militia DND. At the end of February, the head of the DND Alexander Zakharchenko said that the militia had finished "cleaning" Debaltsevo. Since mid-April last year, the Kyiv authorities are in the East of Ukraine "special operation" to suppress the protest movement in the Donbass. Refers to a large number of dead and wounded among the civilian population and the destruction of houses and infrastructure. With fifteen February, the parties to the conflict in the Donbass declared a truce in Minsk after almost 16 hours of negotiations. However, despite the control system of the ceasefire, for the last time period shelling in Eastern Ukraine again became frequent.