In Minsk began meeting of the parties in the contact group on Donbass
In Minsk were initiated dialogues of the authorized parties in the contact group on settling the situation in Donbass, said the foreign Ministry of Belarus on Tuesday.
dialogues on the settlement of the situation in the East of Ukraine were started first on Tuesday with a meeting of the coordinators of the subgroups.
"Began the meeting of the commissioners of the parties in the tripartite contact group ", - reported in the blog of the foreign Ministry of Belarus on Twitter.
above the head of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said at a meeting with leaders of parliamentary factions that he expects Tuesday's statements from Donetsk and Luhansk to cancel the elections. On Tuesday the self-proclaimed Authorities of the Luhansk and Donetsk national republics told that will agree to postpone the local elections on 1 November and 18 October respectively next year.
The Ukrainian authorities in April of last year began military action against the self-proclaimed LNR and DND. According to the final data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 8 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbas region is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk the contact group, which since September of last year had already taken 3 of the document, regulating the steps to de-escalate the conflict.
The previous meeting of the contact group was the most productive for a sufficiently long period of time. The sides could initial an agreement about the discharge of weapons up to a caliber of 100 millimeters, tanks and mortars from the line of contact of the opposing sides in the Donbass. This document was signed by all Parties of the contact group, and also head self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk people's republics. The parties have already begun the process of withdrawing weapons.