Angelina Timofeeva. The retention of the cease-fire in Eastern Ukraine during 2 months is a significant success, said Minister of foreign Affairs of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier, speaking on Thursday before the Bundestag.
"of course, the success of these efforts (retention of the ceasefire - ed.) is not guaranteed, but, anyway, we have moved forward far enough ", - said the head of the Ministry.
According to Steinmeier, Germany would use its future presidency in OSCE that it will take Serbia at the beginning of 2016, to continue to work towards a peaceful settlement of the conflict in Ukraine and the middle East.
"as the head of the OSCE we will make suggestions about the dialogue for all member States ", - said the head of the Ministry, adding that the policy of " small steps ", which has proven itself during the cold war, may also have an effect in the period of settlement of the crises in Ukraine and the Middle East.
The Ukrainian authorities in April of last year began military action against the self-proclaimed LNR and DND. According to the final data of the UN, the victims of the conflict began more than 8 thousand people. The settlement of the situation in the Donbas region is discussed, as well as among them, during meetings in Minsk the contact group, which Since September of last year had already taken 3 of the document, regulating the steps to de-escalate the conflict.
From 1 September in the Donbass entered into force another truce, both parties and observers state that it is observed. At the end of September was signed the agreement about the withdrawal of weapons with a caliber of not more than 100 millimeters and tanks from the frontline.