Scheduled for Friday in Minsk meeting of the contact group on Ukraine will not take place, said on the first day of the week, a source familiar With the situation.
about it informs RIA " Novosti ". The previous contact group meeting in the Bowl took place on November 17. Then Republic of Donbass demanded approval of amendments to the Constitution of Ukraine With the authorities of the Donetsk and Lugansk national republics.
along With this, the head of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko on Wednesday at a meeting of the Council of national security and defense said that despite the ceasefire, the situation in Eastern Ukraine is steadily worsening. The head of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin said that the peaceful settlement in the East of the country is under threat due to the escalation of tension in the area. From 1 September in the Donbass entered into force another truce, both parties and observers state that it is observed. At the end of September was signed the agreement about the withdrawal in the Donbass weapons of a caliber of less than 100 millimeters and tanks from the frontline. This process occurs in stages. Order challenge: at 1st turn, –the part of the line of contact in the LNR, including Lugansk (sector "North" ), then – the remaining part of the front, including DNR (sector South ). Since mid-April last year, the Kiev authorities carried out in the East of Ukraine "special operation" to suppress the protest movement in the Donbass. Refers to a large number of dead and wounded among the civilian population and the destruction of houses and infrastructure. According to the UN at the end of August, victims of the conflict in the East of Ukraine more than 8 thousand People, at least 17, 6 thousand has Been damaged health, 1, 5 million people became internally displaced.