Polish gas Firm PGNiG may challenge in court the decision of the European Commission and the German network Agency on granting Gazprom access to more than 50% of the capacity of the Opal gas pipeline, according to the report of the organization.
The Firm wishes to challenge the decision of the European Commission's antitrust investigation of Gazprom, reports RNS. For reviews of PGNiG, the decisions of the European Commission and the German regulator for increased access for Gazprom to the Opal and the decision of the European Commission regarding abuse of dominant position by Gazprom in breach of rules of EU law.
"These decisions represent a real danger to the stability of gas supply in Central and Eastern Europe. PGNiG is ready to challenge in court the decision of the European Commission and the decision of the Bundesnetzagentur, " - emphasizes the Polish Firm. As stressed by PGNiG, the European Commission and the German regulator is preparing a decision to increase access for Gazprom to the Opal pipeline's capacity of up to 80% (17, 5 billion to 28 billion cubic meters). If a third party does not acquire at auction the remaining 20% (7 billion cubic meters) capacity, Gazprom will be allowed to use them. The Polish Firm said that in the end Gazprom will have an opportunity to stop transporting gas through the pipeline " Yamal ? Europe ", as well as transit through Ukraine without any consequences for the markets of Western Europe. PGNiG also emphasizes that the European Commission plans to close the antitrust proceedings concerning Gazprom without the imposition of any punishment relative to Russian organizations for the crime according to the law on competition on the gas market in Central and Eastern Europe. PGNiG is ready to sue the EU, and likewise in the German courts immediately after informing decisions, said the Polish group. Remember, first on Wednesday it was announced that the EC and Gazprom have made progress on settlement in pre-trial mode antitrust investigation by the EU against Russian organizations. Yesterday, the media said that the European Commission has allowed Gazprom to use more than 50% of the capacity of Opal, land continuation of the " Nord stream ". Later, other sources said that the conclusion about the possible removal of restrictions on the access of Gazprom to the Opal gas pipeline in Germany will be removed by Monday, October 31. The print edition GLANCE, a detailed analysis of this decision of the European Commission. The gas pipeline Opal with a capacity of 36 billion cubic meters of gas per year, is a branch of the gas pipeline "Nord stream" through which gas supplies from Russia to the European Union. The operator of the gas pipeline Opal - Opal Gastransport GmbH