The national consensus government of Libya announced a ceasefire in the West
The national consensus government (NTC) of Libya, based in Tripoli, said about stop fighting in the West After the Libyan national army (LNA) Marshal Khalifa the Haftarot.
The national consensus government (NTC) of Libya, based in Tripoli, said about stop fighting in the West After the Libyan national army (LNA) Marshal Khalifa the Haftarot.
in the night of Sunday the LDF announced to stop fighting in the West of Libya from midnight on 12 January, subject to the truce from the PNS. Then the media said mutual accusations of ceasefire violations.
"The head of the presidential Council, the Supreme commander of the Libyan army (Fayez Sarraj.- Approx. Ed.) said about stopping the fire, which started on 12 Jan at 00: 00, " he informed the NTC on Facebook.
The NTC said in its own statement that " has a legitimate right to respond in case of any attack or aggression against the other side."
before the presidents of Russia and Turkey Vladimir Putin and Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on all parties to cease fire from midnight on January 12 and immediately sit at the negotiating table.
Haftar has welcomed this initiative, but promised to continue the offensive on Tripoli that his army is from April of last year.
for its part, the head of the Government of national unity of Libya Fayez Sarraj also welcomed the truce initiative, but linked it with the removal of the offices of the LDF.
after the overthrow and murder of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011, Libya has in fact ceased to function as a unified state. Currently reigns in the country the diarchy.
to the East sits a Parliament elected by people, and in the West, in the capital Tripoli, the rules generated with the assistance of the UN and the European Union Government of national consensus Fayeza Zarraga.
The authorities of the Eastern part of the country operate independently from Tripoli to cooperate with the Libyan national army, Khalifa the Haftarot.
<span style="color:darkgray