Erdogan stated Turkey's readiness to begin the operation in Idlib
Leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan, speaking before members of the ruling Party of justice and development, said that Ankara is ready to launch military action in Idlib.
Leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan, speaking before members of the ruling Party of justice and development, said that Ankara is ready to launch military action in Idlib.
He added that on the phone agreed on the possible actions of Turkey President of the United States of America Donald trump.
"Idlib, We will not abandon the regime, He until not aware of our resolve. We are determined to turn Idlib in a very safe place for civilians, and for what it's worth. " said the Turkish leader.
for its part, the representative of the Kremlin, Dmitry Peskov, explaining the situation, said that Moscow will continue to apply the contacts With Ankara to stop the escalation of tensions in Idlib.
"We were satisfied with the agreements that were achieved over 1 year ago in Sochi, and it was a mutual satisfaction, and We completely ceased to be satisfied after the fact, as From the territory of Idlib was initiated offensive actions of terrorists and gangs on the Syrian military power and Russian military facilities. In this our satisfaction was over, " - said the press Secretary of the President.
before foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said that Turkey made a number of key commitments in Idlib. With the opposite opinion, for its part, voted Vice-President of Turkey Fuat oktay.
1st stage of negotiations between Russia and Turkey in Idlib was held last week in Ankara, the second in the Russian capital on the First day of the week and Tuesday.
the Russian delegation included the President's special envoy on the Syrian settlement, Alexander Lavrentiev, the Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs Sergey Vershinin, and Authorized the Ministry of defence. The Turkish delegation was headed by Deputy Minister of foreign Affairs Sedat Onal.
In accordance With the agreement reached in may 2017 by representatives of Russia, Iran and Turkey, in the Syrian Arab Republic was established four zones of de-escalation. The three of them in 2018 under the supervision of Damascus. The fourth area located in the district of Idlib and parts of neighboring provinces of Latakia, Hama and Aleppo, remain beyond the government of the Republic. A large part of captured terrorists " dzhebhat an-Nusra." * In September 2018, the Russian Federation and Turkey agreed on the establishment of a demilitarized zone in Idlib, where more than a dozen different groups.
The twenty-sixth of January, the Syrian army launched an offensive in the West of Aleppo in connection With daily attacks by terrorists residential areas of the city, the result of which took the life of dozens of civilians. Against the backdrop of escalating Ankara and some partners blame Damascus in attacks on humanitarian facilities and Turkish military. The Syrian government has repeatedly stated that the reason for instability in the region - the actions of the militants.
*A terrorist organization banned in Russia.
<span style="color:darkgray