The Turkish foreign Ministry commented on Russia's stance on Syria
Russia supports the Syrian government, but to say that it is aimed at Turkish military in Idlib, it is impossible, said Turkish foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
Russia supports the Syrian government, but to say that it is aimed at Turkish military in Idlib, it is impossible, said Turkish foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.
"Russia supports the regime, but we can't say that it is aimed at us. Together with Russia we are working to provide a sustainable truce. Yesterday we had the Russian delegation, but, apparently, only presidents have the opportunity to solve the problem. In the 1st week of March to be held the meeting ", - Cavusoglu said reporters in Qatar, it quotes the Agency IHA.
The situation in Idlib escalated afterward, as of February 27 terrorists "Hayat Tahrir al-sham" * started a large scale offensive on the positions of Syrian government forces. The army opened fire in response. According to the Ministry of defense of Russia, attacks and among them the Turkish military, which may not be in the area.
eventually clashes lost his life 36 soldiers of the Turkish army. Immediately after receiving information about received damage to the Turkish military, the Russian side has taken steps to a complete cease-fire by Syrian forces, was provided with safe evacuation of dead and wounded Turkish soldiers back home. The Russian defense Ministry said that the aircraft HQs in the area was not used.
Turkey's leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan after the attack, convened a meeting on security. The NATO Council on the last working day of the week held meetings on the situation in the Syrian Arab Republic in response to a request from Ankara. The US state Department said Last news that support Turkey as a NATO ally. In the US capital to consider options for how best to Express support for Ankara " in this crisis ".
the security of the Russian Embassy in Turkey, which had previously been danger from Thursday evening enhanced security is provided by police officers for special purposes.
first Chapter the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Russia Sergei Lavrov said that Turkey failed to fulfill several key commitments to address issues around Idlib. For example, Ankara did not disassociate themselves armed opposition that is ready to dialogue with the government during the political process, from terrorists. So, in the Russian-Turkish Memorandum dated September 18, 2018 agreed at the meeting between President Putin and President Erdogan, has spoken about maintaining the status quo in the presence of the Turkish military, but subject to withdrawal from Iglinskiy areas of de-escalation all terrorist radical groups of up to fifteen October of 2018. Also says that would be implemented "effective measures to ensure a sustainable cessation of hostilities" within the borders of this zone. Paragraph seven of the Memorandum foresees the joint Russian-Turkish patrols in the area.
*A terrorist organization banned in Russia.
<span style="color:darkgray